Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Outcome with Orthomolecular Treatment of Schizophrenia

Dr. Abram Hoffer, MD, PhD, Father of Orthomolecular Psychiatry
"Patients get well to a degree not seen by [mainstream] therapists, [many of whom] believe that orthomolecular therapists are prone to exaggeration. Those [who actually see] the results are astonished." - Dr. Abram Hoffer, MD, PhD
Dr. Abram Hoffer, MD, PhD, defined recovery as: no signs and symptoms; able to resume work or schooling at the same skill level as before becoming ill (and, in most cases, paying income tax); social participation; and reasonable interactions with family members.
In his practice in Western Canada, which ultimately included about 10,000 schizophrenic patients, Dr. Hoffer found:
    Acute patients, ill two years or less, 90% recover or are much improved within two years, with good results for most of the remaining 10%.
   In patients ill twenty to thirty years, with a history of long-term medication and repeated hospitals stays, the rate is approximately 50%, with some improvement in others.
   On average, overall, recovery or great improvement can be expected in 75-85% of patients, within approximately one third the length of time they had been ill.

Dr. Carl C Pfeiffer, MD, PhD
Dr. Carl C Pfeiffer, MD, PhD, practicing in New Jersey up through 1988, supervised treatment of over 20,000 schizophrenic patients. Biotype-related imbalances were diagnosed in 95%. Pfeiffer found that corresponding nutrient-based treatment eventually produced a great improvement/recovery rate of 90% (for a total over all patients, of 85%).

Dr. William J Walsh, PhD
Since then, Dr. William J Walsh, PhD, working in Illinois, further substantiated this outcome, with another 20,000 patients.

Other Orthomolecular Practitioners
Such outcomes have been repeated in the individual practices of hundreds of orthomolecular psychiatrists, worldwide.

For more information, see my book at:

No comments:

Post a Comment